vrijdag 4 november 2011

Introduction EOData

EOData is a database I've been sort of developing over the past year (sort off, as its preveiou incarnatiuon EveOOreData existed for the first 8 months off this year).

The concept behind this database was to keep track of the ore I mined in EvE Online, know its value in ISK (Interstellar Kredits, the ingame money), where exactly what is located ect...

There's plenty of tools that already do all this stuff, but none that really showed me exactly what I wanted to know.

The database is centered around an items table that contains all the items in the game, an inventory table has records for all my stuff (Assets) in game, a price table that containt the median price of every valid item in game.
And a set of history tables to give me a historical overview of how the markets and my inventory evolved.

The data gets in the database via 2 SSIS (SQL Server Integration Packages) packages.
The first one loads in an inventory.csv file (Coma Separated File), the second goes through every xml page on the Eve Markets website, to get the price off the items (A process that takes over 1 hour to perform).

I've done this all since I run my mining in EvE like a real business with a quota

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten