vrijdag 4 november 2011

Being set red by old time friends

About 5 weeks ago my then corp, Freedom-Technologies (FTC), decided to leave the Sev3rance alliance and join one of the DRF 'pets'. (The DRF is a coallition of Russian alliances, who recently brought down one of the biggest and oldest political superstructures in EvE). I disagreed with this move cause it felt like acting on the rumour that the region we were living in would heat up. (It still hasn't). I announced I would leave and offered anyone who didn't agree to join me,none joined me then but some still might. It would off course take several days for I could leave the FTC and join an alternative corp. This is what is called a cooldown, I could have left the FTC before the left Sev, but I wanted to give this new alliance a chance to impress me. It didn't, the noob-factor and the almost continuous spam in the alliance channel made my decision to leave final. It was even more reinforced when marching orders were given, splitting the corp up in 3, PVP,EVP and industrialists. While the EVP'er ans industrialists went to good regions, they would be completely dependant on alliances that easily could turn against them. I discussed this on the Sev forum, since the FTC doesn't have one anymore, and a few days later the FTC was attacked by EE, an ally of Sev in their new home.


Immediately fingers were pointed at me, I was called a traitor and banned from the FTC public channel. And this week they set me red, me who had been a friend of them for over 5 years.

What about proof against me, yes I did post on the Sev forum, but more in an effort to diffuse the situation, I still had long term dealing with Sev that I just couldn't abort because the corp whimped out. I did not get blue status with Sev as some would argue, I also learned that every corp of every alliance in the region we were at were offered the same deal, so everybody could have known.

Point is, that with me being set red I no longer see a possibility of me returning to the FTC and hence its time for a 'rebirth' for me, I'll always be an industrialist but this will give me the opportunity to do something else for a change.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten