woensdag 9 november 2011

EOData: Converting it to a datawarehouse

My boss had a nice assignment today, I got to practice datawarehousing.
In order to do this I got to create a datawarehouse base on my EOData database, however since EOData is already pretty conform to the structure of a datawarehouse:
*A datawarehouse receives bulks of information (Check)
*A datawarehouse has few updates (Check)
*A datawarehouse is around 90% read of data and 10% write (Sort of)

OK, so I can use it as datawarehouse, but that not the bad part, in order to to this I'll have to start renaming my tables to convene with naming standards, so first I got to rename a half-a-dozen tables. Then change any stored procedures,views,functions and packets that work on those.

Not looking forward to that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten